Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Cold Shoulder Refashion Hack for Sleeveless Dresses and Tops


Since the cold shoulder trend is trending everywhere this season, I decided to make my own cold shoulder refashion. This is a very easy technique that can be used to update any sleeveless dress or top you may have in your closet. 

To make my cold shoulder "sleeve," I used a lace that was similar to this dress that I started with. 
First I sewed along the pink dots, attaching the new "sleeve" to the dress. Afterwards, I closed off the new "sleeve" along the green dots.

See? Simple and easy, right? Now go on and make your own beautiful cold shouldered designs. :)

P.S. Since I had some extra lace, I added some to the bottom of the dress to tie it all together.


For the full tutorial and more photos, please visit Sew Much Love, Mary.



With Sew Much Love, Mary 

9 comments:

Pivot Point Patterns said...

So pretty!

Therese said...

Well done, looks lovely! Will have to try something similar.

Anusha Rai said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Valerie said...

Great idea!

I Can Work With That said...

Gorgeous! I love it.
Chickie

Amy Jo said...

So pretty! Great idea!

TheRefashStash said...

Beautiful!!!

-TheRefashStash

Angela said...

Wowww. Really simple tip to make cold shoulder with the sleeveless dress or top. I will try this for my sleeveless tunic dress. And yes beautiful dress. Lovely sharing.

Riya Gangwar said...

Awesome looks! Will have to try something similar with Designer Top.